- September 2, 2015We all harbor biases — subconsciously, at least. We may automatically associate men with law enforcement work, for example, or women with children and family. In the workplace, these biases can affect managers' hiring and promotion decisions.
- September 1, 2015The Ontario Human Rights Commission offers a free eLearning course on removing the "Canadian experience" barrier in employment, and rights and responsibilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- August 28, 2015Researchers from the United States and the Netherlands examined if biases can negatively affect how racially diverse teams are evaluated, and ultimately treated, relative to racially homogeneous groups.
- June 23, 2015Employers may understand why it is key to hiring immigrants but they may not necessarily understand the how. Ratna Omidvar of the Global Diversity Exchange provides some easy and lost cost strategies to make your hiring more effective.
- January 20, 2015Talent is moving around the world faster than ever before. Countries that remain open to it are building a competitive edge.
- October 6, 2014Virtually every job requires competencies in nine essential skills. Do you know what they are? Learn about the tools and resources available to employers to assess and support essential “soft skills” among employees, including new immigrants.
- July 14, 2015Cross-border activities increase "brain circulation." For countries like Canada that see poor performance on innovation, and particularly on commercialization, transnational entrepreneurs present a unique opportunity.
- July 7, 2015Can a government work like and with the private start-up sector to jump-start immigrant entrepreneurship, attract the “best and brightest” international entrepreneurs ...
- July 7, 2015UnShackled wants to extend opportunities to all entrepreneurs in the United States, including immigrants on work-visas who want to start companies without waiting for permanent residency. For some immigrant entrepreneurs, UnShackled may be the funding and stabilizing bridge they need to bring their ideas to life in the United States.