Presented by Hire Immigrants and Magnet
Thursday, October 20, 2016 | 10:00am-11:00am EDT
Learning a new language is a primary step for successful integration for newcomers. Finding meaningful employment opportunities is also an essential step for those who arrive and are able and willing to work.
Employers are often faced with the question of whether to prioritize language or job opportunity. Language proficiency and ability to communicate is essential for success in the workplace and long-term career growth, but can employees work and learn at the same time?
In this webinar, Hire Immigrants will address this important question of ‘What comes first — language or work?‘
Watch this free webinar to learn about:
- Innovative language solution by employers hiring newcomers
- Practical solutions to hiring individuals with limited language proficiency
- Language proficiency and its impact on performance in the workplace
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- Integrating Immigrants: The Impact of Restructuring Active Labour Market Programs (PDF) — Why tailored labour market programs work
- I’m Eglinton — Exploring Careers in the Construction Industry
- LIUNA Canadian Tri-Fund — Training centre resource
- Jonas Månsson, Associate Professor in Economics, Linnaeus University (Småland, Sweden)
- Merissa Preston, Training Liaison, LiUNA! Local 506 (Toronto, Canada)
- Arthur Sweetman, Professor of Economics, McMaster University (Hamilton, Canada)