Presented by Hire Immigrants and Magnet
Archived webinar featured on February 16, 2017
Hospitality leaders have identified recruitment, retention and training as some of their biggest challenges. With innovative hiring and training practices and cross-sectoral partnership building, some will be better prepared and equipped for those challenges than others.
In this webinar, learn how the Hospitality Workers Training Centre successfully creates a talent pipeline for Toronto’s hospitality industry and it’s unique and successful partnership with industry partner, the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Industry specific innovative approaches and employment models that work
- How to create a talent pipeline for tomorrow’s labour market needs
- Tips and tools to leverage newcomer talent and skill
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- Hospitality Workers Training Centre (HWTC) – Organization providing sector-specific hands-on, relevant training and programs
- Find Skilled Talent – Find skilled talent and access trained and pre-screened candidates
- Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites – Employer partner & champion invested in hiring HWTC’s trainees
- Ontario Restaurant Hotel & Motel Associations – Connect with ORHMA to learn about industry events, news and initiatives
- Presenter: Kevin Porter , General Manager, Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
- Presenter: Mandie Abrams, Executive Director (interim), Hospitality Workers Training Centre
- Moderator: Fatma Hassan, Project Coordinator, Hire Immigrants