ATI Technologies prides itself on recruiting and retaining the best candidates. Most of its more than 1,000 engineers hold positions in a variety of electrical and computer engineering disciplines.
ATI often seeks specific skill sets that are not widely found in the Canadian labour force. Its HR strategy has been expanded to source candidates from foreign universities and labour markets. Employees are recruited from across North America, Europe and Asia, including China, Taiwan, Korea and India.
These candidates are recruited through:
- global employee referrals;
- local and global recruitment agencies;
- targeted advertising campaigns in specific countries; and
- web and applicant tracking tools.
It also employs screening processes that focus on the technical skills of applicants rather than language skills. The organization has been known to provide translators during the interview process so skills are the main focus.
ATI has found that international skills and credentials are transferable to the Canadian labour market. By sourcing globally, it has created a working environment that continues to attract and retain the very best people from around the world.
Tips for Employers
- Global employee referrals, local and global recruitment agencies and targeted ad campaigns will help you find international candidates.
- When recruiting for hard-to-fill technical jobs, focus on essential technical skills rather than nice-to-have language skills.
ATI Technologies Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative 3D graphics and digital media silicon solutions. Originally based in Markham, Ont., ATI was bought out by AMD, a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based semiconductor design innovator, in 2006.Share Your Success Story