As an international organization, IBM Canada creates products that appeal to a global market. Part of its success is the belief that a more diverse team leads to the development of more innovative products.
IBM Canada recognizes the value of global skills and experience, and how an internationally trained workforce helps it to:
- screen product ideas for cultural fit;
- review language to eliminate jargon, keeping it simple and independent of cultural terms;
- translate documentation accurately and efficiently; and
- conduct cross-cultural user testing.
IBM Canada’s workforce is enriched by skilled immigrants who bring an indigenous understanding of consumers from a variety of cultures in various regions around the world.
Tips for employers
- Recognize the value of global skills and experience skilled immigrants possess.
- Have skilled immigrants review product language to ensure it is free of jargon and culture-specific terms.
- Involve skilled immigrants in product testing to ensure cross-cultural fit.
IBM Canada Ltd. is a leading global provider of advanced IT products and services, operating several plants, laboratories and e-business centres across the country.Share Your Success Story