Presented by Hire Immigrants and Magnet
Thursday, March 9, 2017 | 11:00am-12:00pm EST | 4:00pm-5:00pm GMT
As an employer, accessing the best, most talented people is a key ingredient for success. But what happens if the most talented person is screened out before the interview? Research studies have shown that suitable applicants are not getting interviews because of one characteristic: the name on the application.
To fully leverage the benefits of diversity, employers must be aware of how unconscious biases affect perceptions and how important recruitment decisions are made. In this webinar, two industry experts will share with us their innovative HR solutions for addressing and overcoming biases to fully realize the benefits of a diverse workforce. In a moderated discussion by Dr. Rupa Banerjee, co-author of the recent research report, “Do Large Employers Treat Racial Minorities More Fairly?”, Freda Stolz, the Vice President of Human Resources at Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS), and Snéha Khilay, Director of Blue Tulip Training, will share their expertise and best practices for developing inclusive recruitment practices, from application assessment to hiring decisions.
Watch now to learn about:
- Innovative HR solutions for inclusive recruitment practices
- Practical strategies for overcoming hiring biases
- Tips for reviewing and revising current recruitment practices
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- ‘Do Large Employers Treat Racial Minorities More Fairly’ – Read the full research report co-authored by Dr. Rupa Banerjee
- News: U.K. to anonymize resumes to reduce bis – Read more about U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron’s announcement to make job applications for new graduates anonymous in an effort to reduce potential discrimination
- Magnet for Employers – Learn more about the Magnet platform, and how it anonymizes applications to minimize hiring bias
- Blue Tulip Training – Learn more about the unconscious bias workshops facilitated by webinar presenter, Sneha Khilay
- Freda Stolz, Vice President of Human Resources, HGS Canada Inc.
- Sneha Khilay, Managing Director, Blue Tulip Training
- Dr. Rupa Banerjee, Associate Professor of Human Resource Management, TRSM, Ryerson University