Presented by Hire Immigrants, Cities of Migration & Bertelsmann Stiftung
Thursday, June 22 | 10:00am-11:00am (EST)
Responding to the world refugee crisis is not just the responsibility of governments and world leaders. Private sector employers are emerging as influential and critical leaders in finding long-term solutions for the integration of refugees. Employers in countries on the frontlines of welcoming refugees are helping in the best way they know how: providing employment opportunities. Beyond corporate social responsibility, employers that recognize the experience, talents and skills many refugees bring to the workforce, will be in greater position to meet and respond to growing labour market needs.
Join Anki Elken, Head of Sustainability and Public Affairs at Randstad Sweden Group (Stockholm, Sweden) in a learning exchange with Merissa Preston, Training Liaison at LiUNA! Local 506 (Toronto, Canada), to discuss the successful models of employer leadership in providing refugees with meaningful employment. Learn how each organization is meeting skills and labour shortages through programs aimed at actively recruiting and integrating refugees into the workforce.
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- Construction Trades Program – Application and background information
- LiUNA! Local 506 Training Centre – Training centre resources
- Randstad – Innovative and inclusive business principles
- Randstad Sustainability – Local sustainability initiatives
- Anki Elken , Head of Sustainability & Public Affairs, Randstad Sweden Group (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Merissa Preston, Training Liaison, LiUNA! Local 506 (Toronto, Canada)
Refugee Jobs Agenda Webinar Series
This webinar is part of Refugees Jobs Agenda: a webinar series exploring refugees and labour market integration hosted by Hire Immigrants, Cities of Migration and Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Refugees Jobs Agenda: Kick-Starting Employer Action – Watch video
- Refugees Jobs Agenda: From Welcoming Cities to Welcoming Economies – Watch video
- Refugees Jobs Agenda: Entrepreneurship Offers Pathway to Employment – Watch video