The business case for hiring skilled immigrant talent is clear to many of us. But it isn’t yet to everyone. This 3-part audio-video series helps make the case, in the words of employers who already get it.
Whether you’re just getting started on your journey, are on your way, or are a champion in hiring and integrating skilled immigrants, we’ve created a series of videos and podcasts to help you delve deeper into the HR cycle of managing diverse talent. The series launches next week, with a new podcast and video being published every two weeks over the coming months.
You will hear directly from leading employers as they share their successes, challenges and practical tips. Large corporations, such as CIBC, KMPG and Pitney Bowes, as well as smaller organizations, such as Advanced Precision in Darmouth and XEA in Edmonton, share why they hire skilled immigrants and how they have hired and managed this diverse talent.
Watch the trailer at the bottom of the page for a series overview.
- Video 1: Hiring skilled immigrants – A sound business decision
- In this video, employers outline why hiring skilled immigrants is important. The Canadian-born workforce is shrinking and the demand for labour is growing. Skilled immigrants fill that need and help Canadian companies do business with the world. They boost innovation and reflect the markets in which Canadian organizations operate.
Go deeper by listening to these extended interviews on why hiring skilled immigrants is beneficial to your company in this podcast.
- Video 2: How to hire skilled immigrants
- Recruiting and selecting needs to be inclusive and broad in order to tap into the widest range of talent, including skilled immigrants. Equally important is ensuring your company makes these new employees feel welcome. In this video, the second in a series, learn how Canadian companies find skilled immigrant talent to improve their companies bottom line.
Go deeper by listening to these extended interviews on how to hire skilled immigrants in this podcast.
- Video 3: How to manage a diverse workforce
- Providing development and promotion opportunities can maximize the skills and experience of immigrant talent and ultimately increase your company’s growth and innovation.
Go deeper by listening to these extended interviews on how to manage a diverse workforce listen in this podcast.
Our site provides you with the tools and resources you need to better recruit, retain and promote skilled immigrants. With tools such as the Roadmap, we’ve laid out the steps any business, small or large, needs to take to tap into the incredibly valuable talent available to them. The site also profiles good examples and innovative practices of employers from across the country. Are your competitors and peers there? Should you be?
Series overview – watch the trailer: