This interactive workshop in Vancouver on June 26 will provide real-world examples and case studies to help you better onboard and retain skilled immigrant employees. Registration deadline is June 19.
Immigrant Employment Council of BC (IEC-BC)
Once you’ve successfully tapped into the immigrant talent market, how do you welcome new employees to your organization, effectively onboard them and ultimately retain them?
This interactive workshop is intended to provide you with access to resources and skill building that will support your organization to overcome the common challenges related to successfully onboarding and retaining immigrant talent.
Real-world examples and case studies from the B.C. market will support you to understand how to overcome common challenges and find the strategies that will work for your organization. Participants will leave with a new set of tools and list of helpful resources.
This program is a collaboration between the Immigrant Employment Council of BC (IEC-BC) and BC HRMA.
You will learn:
- To prepare the workplace addressing questions andconcerns, and building a culturally friendly workplace
- To build effective onboarding programs that offer professional, cultural and organizational orientation
- Key strategies to support successful employee integration
- To assess potential and identify ongoing training & development opportunities for new employees
- Key strategies to support employee retention