Mentoring has proven to be one of the most successful strategies to assist newcomers find suitable employment.
The idea of mentoring is a simple one – connecting an internationally-trained professional with their Canadian counterpart. Mentoring opens networks, builds professional relationships and increases social capital – a critical asset in finding employment.
For employers, mentoring is beneficial as it:
- improves leadership and coaching skills among your employees;
- helps identify new talent;
- recognizes community involvement and corporate volunteerism;
- reinforces the core value of diversity; and
- helps your organization be seen as an employer of choice for newcomer.
In this new TD Bank Group video hear from mentees and mentors as they discuss the positive impact of their mentoring relationship.
Join us also for a free webinar on March 27th to hear about new results showing mentoring skilled immigrants improves their employment outcomes.