The HR Council for the Nonprofit Sector’s recent report, Opportunity Knocks! How Nonprofit Employers Build a Workforce that Includes New Canadians, tells you why you need to take action, and gives you 5 starting points:
- Promote your organization and the nonprofit sector as viable and vibrant career destinations.
- Learn from promising practices on hiring and integrating immigrants and visible minorities.
- Articulate the benefits and strategies for ethnic diversity.
- Increase diversity on your board.
- Create an ethnically diverse pool of volunteers as a potential source of new employees.