If language is primary barrier holding a skilled immigrant employee from contributing more to your organization, provide specialized language training, which is a proven, successful retention strategy.
The following are some suggestions:
- Invest in external, occupation-specific language training for skilled immigrant employees who require specialized language enhancement.
- Help all employees, including skilled immigrants, to develop presentation and business communication skills by offering skills development opportunities, such as Toastmasters or specialized courses.
- Host a social styles workshop to help new employees understand how colleagues might perceive their communication styles.
- Employer Success Stories: Read how Teranet increased employee collaboration, confidence, and performance through an in-house communications program. And read how Iris Power Engineering and Teshmont Consultants are maximizing the talents and skills of immigrants in their organization:
- Webinar: Learn why and how Algorithmics works with a community agency to develop customized language programs for skilled immigrant employees.
- Webinar: Learn how business communication classes can help you leverage the talent of your diverse workforce, improve teamwork and increase innovation, morale and employee retention.